More and more phoneticians, as I do, rely on measures of experience, such as frequency of occurrences, in their investigations. I have been struggling with these for the last three years and ended up with a fairly easy accessible data base of frequencies for word forms and phones and biphones (phonotactic frequencies) for German. It is based on CELEX and the SDEWAC corpus.
I updated some passages on scripting in R. In addition, I included a new chapter on writing functions. The chapter also tackles how to write your code step by step.
I also included a table of contents with hyperlinks, which allows you to go directly to the chapter/section of your interest. Finally, I started an index.
Check it out here! Share it, if you like it!
I finally managed to upload appetizers of my fictional writings. Some of them even include nice drawings specifically made for the stories.
Check it out at https://fabian-tomaschek.com/published-texts/.
I realized that it has been a long time since I have posted something here.
I have to do this on a more regular basis. Today, I’ve added a slide elaborating my research. Check it out by going to –> Scientific work –> About me.
I absolutely know how hard it is to learn programming. Especially with a language like R. If you want to learn it right from the start, try out my new script here.
Finally I managed to start a new website. I have been unhappy with the old one for a while, especially because I could not upload content easily.
Let’s see, how this one will work.